KAWI Group’s energy benchmarking provides the ongoing energy performance reviews to determine a property’s energy consumption in comparison to itself, other buildings of the same size, similar usage and same climate regions.
A building’s energy consumption analysis is performed in order to gain a better understanding of the building’s end-use consumption. Actual utility bills and aggregate consumption data are used for this purpose.
The Benefits of Benchmarking
Energy benchmarking gives a starting point for pre- and post-audits capital improvements aimed at increasing operational efficiency and reducing costs. We benchmark using as much historical data as clients provide, so they can:
- Rank energy performance and track trends
- Locate which properties are getting better or worse on a relative basis
- Get the justification needed to plan improvements
- Determine if conservation strategies are working
- Provide accurate data reports to management.